Re: Propeller Gap (was ARSG/cap/gap help)

Original poster: "Jeremy Scott by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <supertux1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi,

I built a similar gap, except that I used an
'oriental' 1800 RPM motor and only four
stationary electrodes on the corners. My base
is a 12" square of HDPE on top of an oak box.

I used 1/4" diameter tungsten carbide blanks
for the post electrodes, and I crammed three
1/8" diameter x 7" long tungsten rods into the
rotor block. I've seen designs that only use 1/8"
rods and thought that 1/4" throughout the
whole system would be better.

The phase is adjusted with John Freau's series
variac-capacitor control thingy :)

I will probably bring it to the Cheesehead Teslathon,
or I'll post pictures tonight if anyone is interested.