Re: lucky MOSFET find

Original poster: "Dan Strother" <dstroth-at-hotmail-dot-com>

That's a nice find... Those would do well in a system operating at no more
than 120VAC in (170VDC). Steve Ward ( http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/srward16/
) has used IRFP260Ns (200V 46A) with great success in an h-bridge
configuration.

If the gate capacitance is that high, they may not work well in the
plasmasonic board. However, according to the IXYS site, most of their
MOSFETs in that range have typical gate capacitances of around 5000pF,
about half the capacitance of the 32N60s Dan M uses.

It probably would not hurt to install them and observe the gate waveforms.
Just watch for heating in the MOSFET driver chips and whatnot.

Dan Strother

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h-at-c.dk>