Re: Unknown Powerstat

Original poster: Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com

In a message dated 8/28/03 7:19:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>I just picked up a pair of ganged Powerstats at a
>garage sale. They weigh in at around 42 pounds for the
>two of them. They have no markings other that on the
>bottom, where each one says GP58004.

Adam,

I feel reasonably sure that these are 120 volt variac units. I have
a couple that look a just like those that you have. The ones
that I have are 30 amp rated and it looks like yours may be, too,
judging by the size of the wire on them. But you said that these
are 42 lbs. total for the both of them?  That would seem a bit
light for 7.2 kVA worth of variac.?

David Rieben