RE: Low output coil

Original poster: "Dwight Harm" <dwighth-at-traxsoft-dot-com>

John,
It may be your gap isn't quenching -- it's hard at that low voltage/high
current.  (I don't know how "fast" 65CFM is.)  We're running 2 MOTs with a
doubler, and to quench I have a fairly strong portable vacuum that has about
a 1.5" diameter "exhaust" opening, and that's placed within about 2" of the
gap -- it's blowing pretty hard.  Without the fan, it doesn't quench (or
very little), and spark output is minimal.  With the fan we've gotten 24",
but still have more tuning/fixing to do.

Maybe try turning off the fan & see if it makes any difference, or if you
can easily test a higher air-flow rate, try that.

Dwight.