RE: Tuning help Thanks ED

Original poster: John <fireba8104-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello Dwight,
As far as sparks go I'm only getting 3'' sparks.
I'm currently running 2(maybe 4 in the future) (now inductively ballasted)
mots without doublers. I've decided to do a lot of improvements like
replacing the ceramic MMC with one made of ploy caps and to replace the
"crap gap" with a 120bps terry brake sync gap.
John

Original poster: "Dwight Harm"

John,
What length sparks are you getting? We're running a 2-MOT supply also, but
with a voltage doubler. This makes quenching the gap a lot easier, and
mostly it uses other M.O. parts (caps and diodes). We're getting 20" sparks
with 4 M.O. caps as capacitive ballasting on secondary. We had 24"+ sparks
2 weeks ago, but "finishing" our salt-water caps seems to have lowered their
capacitance quite a bit... still researching that.

Also, your secondary seems a bit low in turns -- most recommendations seem
to be in 1400-1600 turns range.

Dwight.