Re: Dan's 3kw demo coil

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

Sorry about that.  Haven't had the time lately to completely update my
webpage.  I've been so busy finishing some other things.  Anyways, the link
for this 3kW demonstration coil
is here which unfortunately hasn't been updated.  I'll try to update it real
soon.
http://www.spacecatlighting-dot-com/teslacoil18.htm

Using only a 20" x 5" toroid, I am able to get six foot arcs easily using a
PT running at 3kW.  I am sure with increasing the toroid size i could get
another foot output.
(Note:  On the website above, the coil is pictured with a 12" x 4" toroid
which produced rather poor results)
This tesla coil will be the workhouse of my traveling demonstration
equipment.  Its completely modular and takes only minutes to set-up.  I will
be using it for a bunch of
educational and other venues starting this winter.

Another gallery with results of this portable coil unit is here.  My good
friend Lou Bazin (one of the pioneers in RCA broadcast video) is assisting
me.
http://www.spacecatlighting-dot-com/oct2003gallery/oct2003gallery.html

Dan