Re: vttc

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

Thats a very good question actually.

The fact that the PVC is grey would make many of us think it may contain
carbon have a poorer dielectric strength than white PVC.  However, in
reality, the grey PVC you frequently
see in electrical conduit, also known as Type I PVC, has a much higher
dielectric strength than the typical white PVC we encounter.
So, to answer your question, grey PVC is not only good to wrap your primary
around, its better than the white or green PVC most of us use.

Dan