Higher input voltage

Original poster: "Jeremy Gassmann" <gmann-at-fuse-dot-net>

     I just had a quick question.  I look at a lot of the designs out there
and I see that most people use NST's up to 15 kV, or lower voltage MOT's,
or pole pigs around 15 kV as well.  My question is, has anyone ever
designed a coil with a larger input voltage than 15 kV?  Maybe using 30 or
40 kV or even higher.  Is there a reason that most people don't go much
higher than 15 kV of input power?  Is it due to the availability of such
high voltage sources or more of the complexity involved in engineering TC
components to withstand the higher voltages?  Thanks in advance!

Jeremy Gassmann
Cincinnati, Oh
<http://jeremyee.tripod-dot-com>http://jeremyee.tripod-dot-com