Re: An Idea! for cap

Original poster: Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 12/6/03 7:49:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
 > Original poster: ashumate3-at-aol-dot-com
 >
 > I remember many years ago there was a set of books from Popular Science and
 > one of the projects was a Tesla Coil. The capacitor that had been designed
 > for that was a piece of glass with metal foil sheets on each side. You can
 > build yourself a custom cap.
 >
 > I don't know where you could find these books, but it seem like there where
 > about 12 volumes to the set.

An article on building a TC with a single glass plate/foil capacitor
appeared in the July 1964 issue of Popular Electronics magazine. It is a
very lossy system, but IIRC the blue glow of the cap in a darkened room was
cool. IF I can find the article and get a decent scan, would you like it
emailed to you? RSVP off-line. Please put BIGTC-64 in subject line, as I am
now getting over 300 email/wk.

Thanks,
Matt D.

Matt D.