Re: pt-coil caps/too many?

Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

Hi Adam,

The total capacitance should equate to 0.0469uF. This is fine for the coil
size. The question is, do you have a transformer capable of charging the
cap size within the BPS you'll be running? I assume you do. I ran various
cap sizes (.02uF through .06uF) on a 13" sonotube with a 10kva PDT. The
coil ran great!  I really miss that coil. David Rieben ran .085uF on his
12" sonotube coil (a serious performer and a joy to behold!).

Take care,
Bart