plating xmas balls

Original poster: "Robert Jones" <alwynj48-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi all,

Xmas decorations now fill the shops. I have seen silver 8-inch diameter
globes, which are probably aluminum coated plastic. Discharges strip the
coating. Now if I could metal plate one it may make a nice topload for a
small coil. I know its possible to plate almost any metal on any other but
some processes require nasty chemicals. The only simple solution I could
think of was ammoniacal copper. It will deposit copper and will not disolve
the alluminium. Anyboby else got any suggestions involving readily
available chemicals and anode material. Chrome would be nice.

Bob