TC Operation 2nd Question

Original poster: "Emmett Secrest" <secrest2032-at-msn-dot-com>

<?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" />
Thanks to all who responded to my question about the RF ground. I got the
ground installed and played with it some more. I was just way out on my tap
point on the primary and was able to find the spot that gave me first light
(13th turn).  Now I am really hooked. I was able to get 24" nice arcs from
a nail attached to the side of the Toroid to a ground strike point. Some
nice thick ones at that.  I added a box fan on the RQ gap and removed six
of the twelve bottles from the bucket cap.  I have several ideas of things
I need to do to improve performance and would like confirmation I am on the
correct path.  I feel at this point that increasing the overall spark gap
distance might improve performance. Also, I believe that once I get the MMC
bank built and installed that it will perform much better than the
saltwater cap I am now using.  The only other thing I can think of is I
need to improve the coupling between the primary and secondary.  At present
I have 2.5" between them with the flat primary hitting about 2" up from the
bottom winding on the secondary.  I look forward to reading your
suggestions for improving my first endeavor into Tesla coils and to seeing
streamers without a nail for a breakout point.

Emmett