RE: Capacitor help

Original poster: "Christopher Boden" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

The answers to both of your questions, and a whole bunch you haven't come
upon yet are all at www.thegeekgroup-dot-org/mmc :)

Christopher "Duck" Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group
www.thegeekgroup-dot-org

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change
the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.

Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.
     - André Gide, 1869 - 1951

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Capacitor help
>Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 18:06:30 -0700
>
>Original poster: Bob81818-at-aol-dot-com
>
>Hello, I'm part of the way done with building my first coil. I've sat here
>in front of the computer for hours trying to make sure of all the right
>numbers and measurements and such. I was just wondering if someone could
>tell me if a .009uf 13,000v capacitor will be enough for a 9kV 30mA NST.
>Or does that sound like someone who stayed up too late working on this
>thing? Thanks everyone.
>        Dan
>
>Oh and if that does sound about right, would anyone be so kind as to help
>me out with what kinda caps I should use? I wanna be difficult and build a
>MMC, I think they look cool and they seem more accurate. Thanks again.

Don’t worry if your Inbox will max out while you are enjoying the holidays.
Get MSN Extra Storage!  http://join.msn-dot-com/?PAGE=features/es