Dr. Antonio's Papers - Questions regarding mode of operation in Tesla Coils

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

I've recently been looking at a lot of Dr. Antonio's papers regarding tesla
coils, multiple resonance networks, and so forth.

I had some questions regarding the operational modes of these systems.

I assume that a conventional tesla coil has two resonant networks
magnetically coupled and has a mode of operation of k:l where k and l
are the two resonant frequencies of the primary and secondary circuit
respectively.

I was wondering if you could go into a little more detail of how k and l are
chosen, how they relate to the coupling coefficient, and energy transfer
characteristics, and how they truly relate to a resonant network.

Any help appreciated!
Thanks