Re: my coils not up to snuff

Original poster: robert & june heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Your transformer is 12/60 nst that is 12kv x 1.414 or 16.9 Kv peak voltage
well over the 25 x 600v = 15Kv rating of your capacitors if your line
voltage is normal not high as it is in non peak times. I have  two banks of
25 , 0.25u 1Kv capacitors in parallel and that is not enough to prevent
failier in time. I use a static  8 section spark gap made of 3" x 1/2"
copper pipe pieces  mounted vertical for air flow cooling, and a copper tube
primary. Copper wire for ground wire ( bare) nearly 1/4 inch is sold at
hardware stores by the foot or in 100 ft+ roles. My toroids are 4" not
streched flex ducting ( N0 Tape). My secondary is #24 space wound 31"  on
4.5" so we are very simalar in use. The only thing I  can suggest is tuning
with more primary turns. I could never tune my coil with 8 turns, but my
capacitance is not the same as yours . I have .o2u and you have .o13u

          Robert     H