Re: Capacitor help

Hi John,

True the NST will discharge the potential between the two outer plates of
the MMC string.  I'm thinking there are other reasons to keep the 10 Mohm
resistors.

1. If there is any residual charge on the inner plates, the 10 Mohm will be
needed to discharge those as well.

2. The 10 Mohms also help to insure the voltage is properly distributed
between the caps in the string.

3. If there is a component failure (such as the NST goes open or a component
opens between the NST and the Cp, the resistors can be counted on.

Gerry R

 > Original poster: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>
 >
 >Each of the capacitors should be in parallel with a 10 meg resistor.
 > However, this is not necessary if the capacitor is connected across the
NST