RE: Bleeders

Original poster: "Ian McLean" <ianmm-at-optusnet-dot-com.au>

Thanks for the advice so far everyone.  I am sure I will have more questions
as my coil progresses.  Hope you all can put up with me ;)

On the resistor thing.  Any normal electronics application, and of course I
would not have hesistated in using 1W carbon resistors in place of 1/2W
carbon (unless space was an issue), but tesla coiling ...

Well, it's a bit of a black art, isn't it ?  I decided I would be more than
a little pedantic with this project, doing lots and lots of research, taking
my time over the construction, and, no, not bringing cost into the factoring
too much, buying the best components as time and money permits.  And of
course, we all want to get it right, and get the biggest possible fireworks.

PS: Nearly finished the MMC construction ... on to the main spark gap next

Rgs
Ian.