Re: NEW Direct Coupled Tesla Circuit - Looks promising

Hi Dan,

Cool!!  High voltage MMCs are not too hard to make:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NewMag/0424-01.gif

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NewMag/0426-01.jpg

One can just string many MMC type caps in a big high voltage stack.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NewMag/0426-02.jpg

For the gap, perhaps oil or some type of pressurized gas would help.  Or,
just a very long linear gap like:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/terrygap.jpg

You could also use two (or more) spheres that are...  200kV / 3Mv/m = 1/15
meter in radius.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/SGapVolt.jpg

Of course, you are tying to burn far less power in the gap with higher
voltage but less current so I^2 losses are much lower.  In many coils, 1/2
the power gets burned off in the gap so this would have great advantage!!

Cheers,

         Terry