aussie 4"(was, another newbie.)

Original poster: "Richard Modistach" <hambone-at-dodo-dot-com.au>

hi everyone,
i'm trying to get things organised to build a 4"coil
but getting my head around the maths parameters
is giving me a major headache, i've tried a few of the
programs, javatc,wintesla, tesla cad and others but
there's things in there i cant get a grip on.
the wealth of knowledge on this list is awsome to
say the least, i hope someone can find the time to
help me out

here are the the avalible components i have:-,
15\30 NST
0.25"copper tube for primary
103mmOD pvc tube
i want to use i think a richard quick gap consisting
of multiple 1\2'copper tubes using air blast quenching.
toroids avalible are:-

section    ID     OD
63          61      187
76          75      237
88          85      261
103        100    306
129        125    383
152        150    454

1) using 0.15\2000 cor. dub. caps what configuration
would be the best mmc array to use?.
2) what ID\OD and no. of turns would be best for the
primary coil?
3) what guage wire and no. of turns would be best on
the primary and overall length of tube?
4) which toroid would be best to use of the above?.

thinking ahead,
i would also like to potentially set the coil up to take a 15\60 nst
upgrade with as few as changes as possible in the future.

thanks for any replies, more questions to
come as the project advances i suspect.

regards
richard
aus.