Doorknob capacitors for primary?

Original poster: brent meyer <res095fx-at-verizon-dot-net>

I was wondering why I don't see many coilers using ceramic "doorknob" HV
caps for their tanks?  Are they more prone to failure?  I just happened upon
a parcel of 18  570pF 40KV caps, and I bought the lot of them. I'll be
running them on a 15KV 60 NST.   I'm looking to build a bipolar coil using a
nice pair of  5 1/4 by 31 inch long fiberglass coil forms I just found, and
was wondering if I should have to incorporate some kind of blast shields
into the designŠ