Re: Dead 833s? (was:RE: new single 833A VTTC)

Original poster: humanb-at-chaoticuniverse-dot-com

Steve, yes I have killed several. Only thing is, they
were all used and of unknown condition (e-bay). I did
kill several 833C's also, again unknown condition. One
833A was entirely my fault, overvoltaged and it arced
internally producing a nice mirroring on the inside of
the tube, quite pretty, really. Most deaths have been
filament failure, but have seen the purple glow from
hell (vacuum somewhat compromised). Also I had two
833A's with only one functioning filament each I was
able to get up to 25" sparks before they died. The
warnings of used tubes ;-P

The tubes I have that are new (NOS) have yet to fail me.

I have a tube that the plate got to hot and melted a
hole in it (you can see the grid/filaments) still works
fine as long as I don't stress it to much. BTW, the one
that arced internally was at well over 6000V.

Regards,

David Trimmell

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 14:21:39 -0700, "Tesla list" wrote:

 > Original poster: "Steven Ward" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>
 >
 > Wow Dave!  I think i heard someone else mention
mutated