Re: new single 833A VTTC

Original poster: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Terry and Jim,

The "why" indeed has to do with the heat of the discharge. Ozone production
is maximized during so "cold" discharges (i.e., corona, barrier discharge,
or filamentary streamers and corona flashes}. Heat destroys ozone, so as
the discharges evolve to high current leaders and become more arc-like,
nitrogen oxides are preferentially created and most nearby ozone is
thermally decomposed. That's also why high power spark gap type coils
output less ozone than small coils. Small coils with small toploads tend to
create cooler corona and streamers and, proportionally, MUCH more ozone.

Best regards,

-- Bert --
--
We specialize in UNIQUE items! Coins shrunk by Ultrastrong Fields,
Lichtenberg Figures (electrical discharges in acrylic), & Scarce OOP