RE: Spheres on toroids

Original poster: Thomas <tom-at-pwrcom-dot-com.au>

I too modelled the phi spiral to get this:

http://www.webclot-dot-com//high_volt/images/inca/phi1a.jpg

With a (sort of) secondary coil field it looks like this:

http://www.webclot-dot-com//high_volt/images/inca/phi1c_zoom.jpg

This is what I really did to get that field plot:

http://www.webclot-dot-com//high_volt/images/inca/phi1c.jpg

not sure if it is really valid. But I could not model a real secondary.

After modelling 785 turns of a 6" secondary in excel and ultraedit (got to
love the "column edit" feature in that program) and pasting into inca only
to be told "too many elements", I was a bit frustrated, and went for the
approximation shown in 1c.

The distributed voltage line would be so handy!

Antonio, is this possible?

But assuming that the plot is approximately valid, it looks like a neat top
load to try (streamers mostly on top).

Next question - how to make such a shape? High density polystyrene foam and
some sort of shaping jig?

PS the inca parameters for these plots are available here for anyone else
whom would like to experiment with this shape:

http://www.webclot-dot-com//high_volt/images/inca/phi.txt