Re: Tesla's orphans

Original poster: Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 12/24/03 9:29:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
 > Original poster: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>
 >
 > My understanding is that beam of energy was a crucial part of Tesla's world
 > electrical system. The earth and the ionosphere are both excellent
 > conductors of electricity. Tesla's energy beam was to connect these two
 > conductors together to form a complete electrical circuit. While the earth
 > and ionosphere are very efficient conductors the energy beam was very
 > inefficient. It is interesting, however, to note that the world electrical
 > system that produces lightning has no trouble in using the atmosphere as
 > part of the system. Maybe in the future someone will redesign Tesla's world
 > system.

Hi John, All,

Unfortunately, the assertion that Tesla's propagation system was using the
ionosphere is reading later developments back into history and ignoring
certain physical facts:

1) An ionosphere was first theorized in 1902 but its existence was not even
established until AFTER his energy transmission patents and the dismantling
of Wardenclyffe tower.
2) Tesla's "conductive layer" of the atmosphere was asserted by him to be
at an altitude of 8 to 15 miles. The LOWEST part of the ionosphere starts
at about 50 miles and continues up to ~240 miles.
3) The MAXIMUM air pressure in the ionosphere is only 1/100th of what Tesla
asserted in his patents was necessary and desirable for his transmission of
energy.
4) Lightning does NOT originate in the ionosphere, but in the much lower
area that Tesla referred to. i.e. the upper Troposphere.
5) Tesla was too good at his job to have made such errors of several orders
of magnitude.

Conclusion: Tesla was talking about Tropospheric, NOT Ionospheric
transmission. It is easy to imagine and propagate assertions of all sorts
of things if one overlooks the numbers, or is ignorant of them. This is
what makes it one of the very wide spread myths of "Teslaism".

Matt D..