Re: new single 833A VTTC and OZONE

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Crow Leader" <tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>
 >
 > I'm confused here.
 >
 > I run a propane torch on propane, I don't breathe propane. I clean parts
 > with acetone, I don't swim in a tank of it. I can fill helium balloons from
 > a helium tank. Why can't an ozone generator run off pure oxygen?
 >
 > KEN

 >  >  > As I design Ozone generators this is of particular interest to me. I
 >  >  > first thought that it could be correct that it is actually oxides of
 >  >  > nitrogen we smell, But....., We run some generators on pure oxigen,
 > i.e.
 >  >  > no nitrogen, and still smell the same smell.
 >  >  >
 >  >  > George
 >  >
 >  > I'm curious George.  One cannot possibly breathe in an environment
 > comprised
 >  > of pure oxygen.
 >  > How is it that you can smell this then?
 >  >
 >  > Dan

	Since when is it impossible to breathe in an atmosphere of pure oxygen,
or anything else for that matter?  A pure oxygen atmosphere (at least in
the masks) is not uncommon for high-altitude flying.  If there isn't
enough oxygen in the atmosphere asphyxiation may occur, but the
breathing is still possible.  I read that people get in trouble going
into areas that have been flushed with nitrogen as the body doesn't
necessarily seem to recognize that something's wrong in time for the
person to do anything about it.

Ed