RE: First Light for 10" Coil.

Original poster: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

Bart -

Again many thanks for your reply. As I told you before I do all the work you
are doing with JAVATC. However, I want to help as much as possible to make
your program the best TC program available. Having made a relatively simple
TC program I know the tremendous amount of work necessary to develop a
program like yours. I agree that adding Paul's work will make your program
the best available.

I hope you will not take my critique of your TC program as anything
personal. My object is to have your program  and maybe the JHCTES program
produce at the design stage outputs The parameters that will closely agree
with the test results coilers will find. This will also require test
procedures that coilers agree will produce real world parameters. In the
past there have been times when the program agreed with the tests. However
that did not occur often enough to say it was not coincidental.

All I can say at this point is that I believe you are making good progress
with your JAVATC computer program but I do not believe it is completely
finished. It is my feeling that the JAVATC outputs will approach closer to
coiler tests in the near future. What we need are coilers to do more testing
and publishing their results. That appears to be the case already because
there is much less emphasis now on long spark lengths and more data for
other parameters. Please let me know when I can be of help.

John Couture