Re: Re: Etesla6 math questions

----- Original Message >
 > The example I remember is temperature calculation on a plate with fixed
 > temperature heat sources and sinks along the edge, and I can see a loose
 > analogy with gaussian surfaces. It seems to me that in our case the
"region"
 > is the space between the enclosing surface and the TC inside it, and the
 > "boundary" is both the surface and the TC.
 >
 > Since we are trying to compute the field on the TC, and it is a required
 > input for SOR since it is actually part of the boundary, it seems like we
 > are SOL (sorry!)

In Etesla, the boundary conditions (i.e. the voltage distribution along the
secondary) are fixed, because what you're really looking for is the field
around the coil itself.  Paul and Terry can comment further on the actual
distribution assumed.  I suspect that whether you assume a linear
distribution, or something else, the field is much the same.

Etesla does not deal with time domain aspects of the field, as in the
movement of the charge across the surface of the top (that is, the topload
is assumed isopotential), which would be a substantially more complex
modeling proposition..  FDTD anyone?