Transformer Voltage Input Q's

Original poster: "G by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bog-at-cinci.rr-dot-com>

Hello All,

I am wondering what are the side effects of over-volting the input to a
pole transformer. I would like to increase my bang size, so I may try using
perhaps 300 volts into my xfmr.  Current-draw tests show I will be
saturating the core.

Other than additional heat loss in the transformer, will the charging
system experience problems? I may use either an ARSG or sync rotary gap;
will waveform distortion cause a negative effect?

Regards,
Gregory
--
"Without ZIM, I am lost."