Re: To All

Original poster: "Paul Nicholson by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>

 > http://www.classictesla-dot-com/temp/Marc.html

The holy grail of ball lightning is the 'reproducible observation'.
I'd say never mind worrying about what it is right now, concentrate
on reproducing it.

Do we know where this ball of light was situated wrt the TC?

Would be nice to have a mirror set up in the field of view, so that
the ball appears in two places in the image. Then it can be located
and its size estimated.

Lots of compression artifacts being amplified by the contrast
enhancement.  How many video frames did it last for?  Maybe an average
image can be assembled?  Did it move?

The surrounding light could be scattering off the camera lens and
innards, but the central bright area seems fairly round and well
defined:

  http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tmp/209630a0-1.jpg

It looks like a ball, but it could still be a point source.  I plotted
the pixel values for a closer look, but no conclusion.  Needs more
observations.
--
Paul Nicholson