Re: high voltage measurement w/ divider

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

>I beg to differ. If one resistor fails

         It depends on how it fails.

>(i.e. flashes over) the additional stress on the rest

>will start a chain reaction ending with a high energy
>discharge

         Exactly.
         And a real risk.
         And potting things means the arc is confined,
         more likely to form, and more likely to
         'rapidly disassemble' the potting, due to the
         confinement of the gases.

>(but this is getting off topic).
         I should think safety is always on topic?

         best
         dwp

...the net of a million lies...
         Vernor Vinge