Re: What about test equipment and stuff?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>I stand corrected. But, doesn't he still hold the record for the most
>powerful TC? And considering the materials that he had to work with and the
>fact that he couldn't buy o-scopes and stuff at that time. I would think
>that with the technology that he had to work with at that time period; what
>he accomplished was totally awesome.  I am fascinated by all of it.

What he accomplished WAS totally awesome. Nowadays, anyone with access to
their own power sub-station and $50M (2003 dollars) could probably do the
same. ;-) Unfortunately, people with open-ended access to that kind of
power and money are not usually devoting it to a non-profit hobby, so the
existing records will probably stand. :-((  IIRC Tesla's "Big Coil" drew
enough power to melt down one of the main generators at the Colorado
Springs power plant.
( He had to send some of his crew to help repair the damage).

Matt D.