Re: Can You Get Zapped by your coil with out being harmed?

Original poster: "Harold Weiss by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi Tim,

DON'T!

I thought it would be interesting to see what taking a spark was like.  I
touched the grounded end of my "gator stick" and advanced it towards my
coil.  I stopped when I began to see faint corona on the tip without taking
a streamer.  I could feel every time the gap fired and at what intensity.
It felt similar to touching the hot side of 120V outlet when you are not
grounded.  I would not ever try this again.  Even though the streamers are
at high frequency which you can't feel, the gap frequency you can feel, and
the effects of that could be deadly.

David E Weiss

 > Original poster: "Timothy R. Alkema by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ALKEMAT-at-student.gvsu.edu>