Re: HV Wire - electrical tape?

Original poster: "Jonathon Reinhart by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tc_jonathon-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hello everyone, I'm back after AOL stopped delivering ALL of my TCML
emails... ( I'm Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com )

    On the topic of cheap HV wire, what about wrapping any guage of wire
with electrical tape?  Even though it's UL listed for only 600V, aren't the
ratings much higher? I've seen some for 10,000 V I believe...
    Put a few layers of that on there and you could have some 30, 40, 50 kV
wire, right?

Jonathon Reinhart
hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon

_