Re: HV Wire - electrical tape?

Original poster: "David Speck by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-davidspeckmd-dot-org>

David,

If you can wait till hamfest season, you can usually find lengths of old
large size coax cable for next to nothing.  Slit the outer jacket with a
utility knife blade in a wood block, shuck off the shield braid and use the
inner insulator layer and conductor alone.  The solid polyethylene types of
cable make excellent HV cable for a variety of projects, and I've come away
from hamfests with 100' coils for $5.00, especially at the end of the day,
when no one wants to drag the stuff back home.
Dave Speck