RE: HV Wire - electrical tape?

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Depends on the output power of your coil.  I have a 15kV/120mA tesla coil
and I am currently using 14 AWG, 60kV
high voltage wire for my tank circuit.  I did switch to 4 AWG welder's wire
to see if my output would improved, but
no improvement at all.  Heck, an aquaintance of mine uses 12 AWG solid wire
for his primary circuit with his 10 kVA pole powered coil and his results
are still spectacular.

Dan

Currently, My Coil is just plain 600 V wire, and It works fine... I was
just curious... But everyone says use GTO wire, or Coax... This stuff is
small guage... what about the Tank Circuit? I have 6 AWG Welding Cable for
these circuits! Wouldn't the small guage of GTO/Coax kill efficiency?

Jonathon Reinhart
hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon