parts. Re: Dip Meter TC Tuner

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

The 'classic' TV tuner is set up for VHF freqs, little
salvageable for LF dip meter construction.
Usual form in US was 'turret' tunner with 12 individual
coil (sets), one per channel.

As to another inquiry, building radios.:
         Many are synthesised tuning, no variable caps or
         coils needed.
         Manufacturers have better sources for parts than
         RS.

This is one of those cases where Ham Radio Flea markets are
Very Useful.

Web Search will find lists of ham fleas.  For those in Boston,
MA, USA, area the next, i think, is in Marlboro, in a few
weeks time.
         http://web.mit.edu/w1gsl/Public/ne-fleas

If it stops snowing.
8)>>