Re: Antenna Probe ( was Oscilliscope Question )

Hi Matthew,

The "design" is really pulled out of thin air.  Not at all critical.  I
just tried to eliminate the current loops a solid plain would have and cut
down on antenna to ground capacitance.  100MHz is far higher than any
normal TC measurement would ever need.  Feel free to whip up anything "just
close" to that design ;-))  I did try to pickup a specific number of square
inches, but that is all relative and not a big deal at all.

Really, anything remotely close, would work just fine.  Calibration is an
issue but 95% of the time we are just after "true" but uncalibrated
waveforms.  It does eliminate the impedance match problems and harmonics
ringing of just a "piece of wire".  The readings should be accurate to
"some scale" and free of birdies...

Cheers,

         Terry