Metal Screws and Salt Water Caps

Original poster: "Centauri by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <centauri010-at-attbi-dot-com>

Hello everyone,

I'm assembling the base into which I will place all the components of my
coil, and I was wondering if I need to avoid using metal screws, bolts,
etc.. in certain places? Specifically, is it alright to use metal screws to
attach the legs. The head of the screw would be directly below the primary
coil with a separation of approx. 1". Is this acceptable? Also, what other
places should metal be avoided?

Second, do I need resistor(s) across the terminals of my salt water bottle
cap or is it too lossy to matter? If I do, could I just wire a number of
small resistors in series?

Thanks,
Alan