Re: A new beginning

Original poster: "Dr.Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

Looks like an efficient design.  The polyethylene will crack after a few
years if it sees much of a temperature differential.  Best to use Dolph's
AC-43 synthetic enamel. Look up Dolph's online at their website.  It will
flex and not crack with time.

With the 12/30 low power design I would definitely use #28 AWG wire on the
secondary coil instead of the #22 AWG you are proposing to use.  Much better
output.

Use a 750 Ohm, 25 Watt resistor in series with your RF choke, placed on the
cap size of the choke.  This will clip the harsh transients by "spoiling"
the Q factor of this part of the circuit.  Between the choke and xmfr (each
bushing to ground) use 3 pcs in series of .001 MFD, 10 kV DC ceramic disk
caps.  These caps are available from All Electronics, p/n HVD-102.

You are in good luck.  John Freau is a very knowledgeable coiler in NJ.  Top
off this small coil design with one of his 12 x 3 toroids for good output.

Happy coiling,

Dr. Resonance