Sewing machine motor

Original poster: "John Richardson by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jprich-at-up-dot-net>

Hi,

Have any of you guys made a coil winder out of a sewing machine motor with
the foot controller?  I was hoping to further reduce the already variable
speed thru pulleys.  (Or did I just waste my money?)
Secondly, I also purchased a resettable electromechanical counter to keep
track of form revolutions.  Anyone have any hints for me?
Thanks,
John Richardson