New 12" Coil...big sparks

Original poster: "Charles Brush by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cfbrush-at-interport-dot-net>

Hi everyone!

I just updated my web site with some photos of a decent sized 12" system I
put together at Thanksgiving.  The site details how this coil came about,
but in a nutshell I wanted to demonstrate a new 10" coil the next day for a
bunch of relatives who were visiting. Unfortunately late the night before
Thanksgiving I fried the secondary during some testing.  Luckily I had a
big 12" secondary that had been awaiting a larger system.  I chopped up the
primary (same one I have been using starting with my 6" coil), put the new
secondary in, added some capacitance to the tank, fired it up and wow!  No
careful coupling adjustments, no tuning with a scope as I normally do prior
to "operational tuning", etc.  It just worked....without the rotary gap
even turned on.  Well check out my site for details and some decent digital
photos I got.  Just scroll down to the 12" coil section:

http://www.VoltNet-dot-com/tesla

Any comments are welcome.  I had to pack up this system for the winter but
I can't wait to really tweak it next summer and see what it can do.

Zap!

Charles Brush

P.S. In my continuing effort to defray hosting costs, I have added a store
to my site and anyone who's interested will find some cool Tesla and HV
related t-shirts and stuff.  There is a link at the bottom of the page above.