Re: dynamic power changing on TC

Original poster: "Jason by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Jim,

 > Multiple primary taps with separate triggered gaps connecting them to the
 > primary capacitor.  You would fire the "optimum" gap to get the most
 > energy, and one of the "non-optimum" gaps to reduce the output voltage
 > (because the fres of the Pri and Secondary would be farther apart, and
 > you'd reduce output power), even though the primary cap energy remains the
same

Is this a good idea? I would have thought that de-tuning the primary circuit
would cause more energy to remain in the primary due to incomplete transfer
to the secondary, causing the primary RMS current to be higher and the spark
gap to quench less well.

Best R,
Jason