Re: 3 probably awful beginners questions ;-)

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Finn,
Hi Finn,

The rough definitions are:

Les:    The effective series inductance of the system.
Lee:    The energy storage inductance of the system.
Ldc:    The low frequency inductance of the secondary.
Ces:    The effective shunt capacitance of the system.
Cee:    The energy storage capacitance of the system
Cdc:    The low frequency capacitance of the system.

Les and Ces is what I'm most interested in as these are the values at Fres.
The dc values are what you would measure with say your DMM.

Reference Terry's reply and links to Paul's papers to get a detailed
understanding of how these are used.
Also, visit Paul's TSSP web pages and tour through the work and the
write-ups. This is the most comprehensive
study of Tesla Coil physics on the web.

http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/

Take care,
Bart