Re: Primary design for an Inherited TC

Hi Dan,

"I" would always use a flat secondary.  There is little reason to use a
cone unless one were really starved for coupling.  Even then, best just to
make a bigger flat than go to all the work making a cone.  Some people
think cones look cooler though ;-))

The coupling can be calculated using Mark R's classic program at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/MANDKV31.ZIP

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/MANDKV31.PDF

If you get between 0.10 and 0.20 you are there.

Cheers,

         Terry