MMC for 12/60 NST-Need Help

Original poster: "Tyler Previs by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dazed116967-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi,

    My friend and I have built a 6'' coil about 2 years ago in 8th grade
which produced decent arcs measuring some 24''. Just recently we have
noticed that our coil is very crude due to the fact we only had one month
to construct it during the school year. We are planning on building a 4''
coil now that is more efficient and pleasing to the eye. Having originally
used SWC, we have learned to form a hatred towards them. An MMC looks to be
the best option for us with our 12Kv 60ma NST which is brand new. Luckily
we picked it up from a nice guy for 10.00. After researching for a long
time we have begun the search for parts and was wondering if somebody could
help us out with the corresponding capacitors. The geek group caps look
nice but we are not 100% sure about the number we should run in the string.
Our coil requires a 0.0159uF capacitance.

                                               Sincerely,
                                                Tyler