Re: topload questions

Original poster: "S & J Young by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <youngs-at-konnections-dot-net>

Antonio,

My gut feel is that the effect of the small diameter chicken wires is
somewhat overcome by the smooth layer of ionized air around the whole
toroid, and this might cause the breakout voltage to be higher than you
might expect.

Has anyone modeled the ionized air around a toroid?  Can the effect of the
ionized blanket of air around the toroid, before breakout, account for a
slightly lower secondary resonance because the effective capacitance of the
toroid is a bit bigger due to the ionized air around it?  Has anyone
measured such an effect?
--Steve Young

<SNIP>