Re: My first ARSG, or a Dangerous Design?

Hi,

I would not use set screw type collars but rather 'real' clamp types
collars like these:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P1250065.jpg

Here I am using 1/4 inch bore collars to lock titanium 'spears' onto a 1/4"
titanium shaft (long story ;-))   http://hot-streamer-dot-com/Ti-Tan!!/  ))

McMaster-Carr has 1/8 inch collars like # 6435K11.  These babies don't just
fall off ;-))  They would be bullets if they did, but they "stick"to that
titanium rod like a rock.  A little loctite or other glue would hole them
even if the lock screw did give.

I would think these collars would be great for a tungsten rotary rod
especially if one loctited them in place.  If one could lathe in a holding
rib into the tungsten rod too, it would go nowhere.

Perhaps a design like this would be good:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/030125-01.gif

The collar is contained here, but it does require real machine tools now...

Cheers,

         Terry