Terry - "Improved" propeller gap design

Original poster: "Scott Hanson by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <huil888-at-surfside-dot-net>

Terry -

At least the "propeller gap" safety debate steered the list away from the
"laser pointer killed my coil" thread ......

Seriously, I had come up with a design improvement similar to your
suggestion of using a split shaft-collar to secure the tungsten rod.
Instead of using a shaft collar captured in a slot in the hub, why not just
make the hub itself have the split-collar clamp built in?

See the attached Word file for a crude drawing of the concept.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/Improved%20propeller%20gap.doc

Unfortunately, this requires not only a lathe and a milling machine, but
also requires that the slot for the split-clamp be plunge -EDM'd. This is
really not too expensive to have done, but does require that you to have an
EDM shop in the neighborhood.

Regards,
Scott