Re: Caps

Do they need to be pulse rated?
DC filer type caps can be had at places like "C&H Sales" have things like a
25 uF, 4kV unit for $35.. three in series is 8uF, 12 kV and would be
$100... Or, a 12 uF, 5200V unit for $34.50... you get the picture..

Microwave oven caps are another way to go.. 2 uF at 2-3kV.. but only a buck
or two each, gang em up in a brick... I believe USA Mfg is a common source..

http://www.aaaim-dot-com/CandH/index.htm

http://www.usamfg-dot-net/