Re: Problems with SRSG on TC

Original poster: "Gerry Reynolds by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gerryreynolds-at-earthlink-dot-net>

John,

I forgot about the phase shift through the NST.  If the NST output were
unloaded, I would expect the peak output to be close to peak input (little
phase shift).  However, when loaded with a capacitor (for example) and
current flows, there is R/L phase shift in both the primary and secondary as
well as an LC phase shift in the secondary.  So I guess I was meaning to
strobe using the peak cap charge as a reference.

I dont think I understand why it is sometimes not desireable to fire close
to peak capacitor charge unless one is using more that 120 BPS.  If 120 BPS,
wouldn't one want pk charge?  If 240 BPS, I think one would want to fire
before peak so as to get a second firing in before output reverses.   Is
this thinking correct??

Gerry